TN Visa

Canadian and Mexican Citizens who work in specific professions may be able to enter United States in order to work for a U.S employer on temporary basis called TN visa. The TN visa was created pursuant to North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

In order to qualify for TN status the intended U.S activity/employment must be in a profession listed in Appendix 1603.D.1 of NAFTA, and the applicant must possess the required credentials to qualify for the job.

TN visa can be applied for directly at the port of entry or if the alien is already in United States a petition requesting change of status to TN can be filed with USCIS.

The maximum period of initial stay that may be granted to a non immigrant is one year. The extensions of TN are also granted for a maximum of one year. Unlike H-1B or L-1A, however, there is no limit on the maximum period of stay that can be granted under TN.

Our Attorneys have extensive experience with filing successful TN visa Petitions. For more information regarding TN visa or for specific case evaluation please contact our office.

813-599-3509 or 407.226.3659 |