Family Based

Through Permanent Resident Family Member

YoPermanent residency can also be obtained through a family member who is not a U.S citizen but only a Permanent Resident. Unlike U.S citizen, however, the Permanent Resident can file for only following relatives:

  1. Husband or wife;
  2. Unmarried children under 21; and
  3. Unmarried sons and daughters over 21.

None of the above category gets the treatment of immediate relative in terms of processing. All the above fall under second preference. Once the initial petition is filed and approved, the beneficiary has to wait for the priority date to become current before they can proceed with filing for their residency.  When the priority date becomes current depends on when the visa number becomes available in visa bulletin.

For more information regarding family petitions please contact our office.

813-599-3509 or 407.226.3659 |